1. It’s ( is / has been ) two years since he left China.
2. It’s ( is ) the first time that I have visited Shanghai.
3. have / has been to… 曾经到过某地
have / has gone to … 去了某地
1) It must be pointed out that … 必须指出
2) It is reported that …据报道
3) It is believed that …大家相信
4) It has been decided that …经决定
5) It is thought that …大家认为
6) It is take for granted that …被视为当然的
7) It’s said that …据说
8) It is known that …众所周知
5.Where there is a will, there’s a way.
1) 倍数 + as…as
2) 倍数 + -er + than
3) 倍数 + the size ( length; depth… ) of the + n.
1) One who has nothing to fear for oneself dares to tell the truth.
2) Anyone who fails to finish the task given should be criticized.
3) Those who want to go to the Great Wall sign up here.
4) As everybody knows , Taiwan belongs to China. / Taiwan belongs to China, as everybody knows.
5) one of + 复数名词 + 关系代词 + 动词复数; the ( only ) one of + 复数名词 + 关系代词 + 动词单数;
egs. Titanic is one of the most wonderful movies that have been produced in Hollywood.
Titanic is the ( only ) one of the most wonderful movies that has been produced in Hollywood.
1) It’s true that the earth is round. / That the earth is round is true.
2) Whether he will come ( or not ) hasn’t been decided.
3) Whoever leaves the office should tell me. / Anyone who leaves the office should tell me.
1) China is no longer what she used to be.
2) What I wonder is who will be our team leader soon.
1) We think it (is) quite right that all the people ought to obey the laws.
2) that 引导的从句:
I could say nothing but I was sorry.
He differed from other people in that he always looked father ahead in his work.
Your composition is quite good except that there are some spelling mistakes.
I’m sure that he will win. / I’m not sure whether / if the news is true ( or not ).
I’m afraid that I’ll be late.
He is glad that you passed the exam.
4) I don’t think you are right, are you?
I think he is right, isn’t he?
I doubt whether / if …我怀疑……是否……
I don’t doubt that… 我毫不怀疑……
There’s no doubt that…
Without doubt, …
1) 比较级+ than any other + 单数名词 eg. He is better than any other student in the class.
2) 比较级+ and + 比较级 eg. The earth is getting warmer and warmer.
3) 越…就越…: the + 比较级…, the + 比较级…
Egs. The more a man knows, the more he discovers.
The more works of his he read, the more freely he will understand his works.
The busier he is, the happier he feels.
11. 祈使句 + ( , ) + and / or …
egs. Use your head, and you’ll find a way.
Hurry up, or you’ll miss the bus.
12. It was not long before I forgot it all.
13. need / want / require + to be done / doing
14. It 句型: It is easy ( difficult hard important right wrong possible ) to do…
It is a pleasure ( pity, pleasant thing, crime, an hour…) to do sth.
It takes ( sb. ) some time to do sth.
15. do nothing but do ; have no choice but to do
1) To be fair, it is not all his fault.
2) Generally speaking, Super girls are popular with the middle school students.
3) Judging from his wearing, he must be an artist.
4) According to his report, the situation is getting serious.
5) There is / are ( I / we ) + ( some ) trouble, problem, fun, pleasure, a good time, a hard time ( in ) + doing sth.
6) There’s no harm, hurry, need, use ( in ) + doing sth.
7) I suggested my staying here. / I suggested ( that ) he ( should ) start as soon as possible. / His expression suggested he got angry.
8) make oneself done ;
9) have / get sth. do / done ;
10) leave / keep / have sb do / doing ;
11) find sth doing / done ; find sb. doing
1. It’s easy… for sb. to do…
2. It’s clever… of sb. to do …
3. It’s a pity… to do…
4. It takes sb. some time to do…
5. consider doing 考虑做 consider sth. / sb. to do 认为
remember doing 记得做过 remember to do 记得去做
forget doing 忘记做过 forget to do 忘记去做
regret doing 后悔做了 regret to do 遗憾地去做
mean doing 意味着做 mean to do 计划, 打算做
stop doing 停止做 stop to do 停止去做
try doing 试着做 try to do 尽最大努力做
go on doing 继续做 go on to do 继续做另一件事
used to do sth. / would do sth 过去曾经做 get / be used doing 习惯于做
can’t help doing 忍不住做 can’t help to do 不能帮忙做
6. advise, allow, permit, forbid sb. to do / Sb. be ~ed to do…
advise, allow, permit, forbid doing
promise to do sth. / promise sb.to do sth.
7. hope to do / expect sb. to do
8. I want something to read. / I want read something.
9. 宁愿…而不愿… prefer + n. + to + n.
prefer doing + to ( 介 ) + doing
prefer to do sth. rather than ( to ) do sth.
would /had rather ( sooner ) + do sth. + than + do sth.
would rather ( not ) do sth. 宁愿做
would rather sb. did 要做 ( 虚 )
10. seem, appear, prove to do / to be doing / to have done
11. happen to do， happen to sb.
12. consider, believe, feel, make, find, know, regard it … to do
13. We want to watch TV instead of （而不是）do our homework. instead of doing
14. 最好做… had better/had best + ( not ) do sth.
15. Although there are many difficulties, we are still determined to carry out the task. Despite many difficulties, we are still determined to carry out the task.
He is looking for a room to live in.
Please pass me some paper to write on.
He has no money and no place to live. / I think the best way to travel is on foot.
There is no time to think. / You are the first ( person ) to come.
I want something to read.
17. The boy has his own idea of how to finish it.
18. He is easy to deal with. / You are lucky to get there on time.
19. In order to / to so as to find a good job, we should study well.
20. too…to / enough to do
He is too young to go to school. / He is old enough to go to school.
21. 独立成分: To tell you the truth, … ( 句子 )
To be fair, … ( 句子 ) / To be frank, … ( 句子 )
To be sure, … ( 句子 ) / To make matters worse, … ( 句子 )
22. 感官性动词不定式省略 to , 但在被动语态中要加to .
feel, hear, listen to, watch, look at, make, sb. do…
Sb. be ~ed to do
23. be to do / be about to do / be going to do
24. had better / best ( not ) do
25. 不得不: cannot but do / cannot choose but do / cannot help but do
26. do nothing ( = not do anything ) but / except do
27. go / come + do egs. Please come sit here. / Go ask you mum.
28. Why not do? ( Why don’t you do ? )
29. There’s no time to do
0．I have / There is / are ( some ) trouble, difficulty, problem, fun, pleasure, a good time, a hard time ( in ) doing / with sth.
1. There is no harm, hurry, need, use, good ( in ) doing sth.
2. Sb. spend some time ( in ) doing / on sth.
3. It is ( of ) no use, good, useless doing …
4. Sth. want / need / require doing / to be done …
5. be busy ( in ) doing sth. / be worth ( in ) doing sth.
be worthy of being done / be worthy to be done
egs. Thank you for having helped me so much.
I don’t remember having received his letter.
= I don’t remember receiving his letter.
He went out without being noticed. / He insisted on not being sent to the hospital.
a) I wish I did / had done / would ( could ) do…
b) Lest + 主语should + V. （ 原形 ）they got up early lest they should miss the rain.
a) It’s …( 被强调内容 ) that… ；（ 陈述句，强调物 ）It’s …( 被强调内容 ) that／who …( 强调人 )
b) Is / Was it … that…? ( 一般疑问句 ) ；Wh- is /was that…？( 特殊疑问句 )
c) It’s not until + 被强调内容 + that…
d) It is the place where-cl（ 强调定语从句）
e) It’s because-cl （ 强调状语从句） that…
a) Only + 状语 （ 词 / 短语 / 从句 ）+ 助动词/be + 主语
i. Only in this way can we work out the problem.
ii. Only here can we step in.
iii. Only when he comes back , could we start eating.
b) Only + 主语 （ 不倒装 ）：Only you can go with me.
c) Were / Should / Had + 主语 + … + “ , ” + 主句 = If + 主语 + were / should / had…;
d) Not until all the people get on it will the bus go.
e) as 句型：Young as he is, he knows a lot of things. King as he is, but he is unhappy.
f) 一．．．就．．．hardly …when…; scarcely…when…; no sooner…than… Hardly did he see me when he ran away.
a) If necessary / possible…, the boss will go by himself.
b) When in trouble, he always asked me for help.
c) Though surrounded , the solders didn’t give up.